- What is the name of the class?
Heartsaver CPR/AED (This is not BLS, ACLS or PALS)
- What is taught in the CPR class?
Adult, Child, Infant CPR skills (hands only and also giving breaths), AED, and Choking skills (Heimlich). This class does not include First Aid.
- Who is the class for?
This class is for anyone with limited or no medical training.
- Who is the class certified by?
The class is certified by the American Heart Association and is good for 2 years.
- Is there a charge for taking the class?
This class is FREE for all attendees.
- Are there physical requirements for this class?
During the class, you will be working on your hands and knees, bending, and standing (we can accommodate students that have physical conditions that might prevent them from participating in the course).
- What should I wear to the class?
Wear loose, comfortable clothing so you can perform the physical actions required during the class.
- Will there be workbooks provided?
Students can rent step-by-step workbooks for $10 each. These optional workbooks are available before and during the class but will need to be returned at the end of the class.
- How old do you have to be to attend the CPR class?
The youngest age-eligible for certification is 9 years old. Also, anyone under the age of 18 should be accompanied by an adult during the class.
- How long does the class last?
Usually 2 hours, but if there are multiple questions from the attendees. While it could extend to 2.5-3 hours.
- Are refreshments served before the class?
Yes, we provide snacks/water. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time to sign in and get your refreshments.
- Will I receive an official CPR Certification?
Yes. You will receive your CPR certification card via email from Republic EMS. Please allow 2 weeks max for your card to arrive.
- What happens if I cannot attend and need to cancel?
Please contact the person at the email address listed on the confirmation email you received as soon as possible to let them know you need to cancel. While you may reschedule for another class at a later date but will need to complete a new form online.
- How many CPR classes do you offer?
We try to offer at least 2 classes per month at each of our locations. Also, you may check our website for a list of dates and times.
- Can I attend the CPR class multiple times?
We want to give everyone a chance to learn CPR. So please sign up for only one class at one location in the same year.