Physician Relations Liaison
The Physician Liaison reports to the Clinical Operations Manager and has a secondary report to the Chief Medical Director. Physician Liaisons are responsible for forming, growing, and maintaining long-term partnerships with physicians, urgent care facilities, medical specialty groups, and other clinical groups to increase referrals and gain market share. The Physician Liaisons and Business Development Representatives work together to implement sales and marketing strategies that ultimately drive volume through measurable relationships.
Position Title – Physician Liaison
- Successfully completes all training and onboard requirements.
- Continually develops medical and disease state knowledge to effectively engage with healthcare professionals regarding clinical evidence, product, and service efficacy/safety.
- Works closely with the Business Development Team to discuss marketing activities, identify new business, potential problems, and new opportunities. Identify and implement ways to streamline referrals.
- Develops long-term referral relationships while achieving the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Maintains relationships with physicians, and key influencers to drive patient volume, enhance customer loyalty and exceed client satisfaction, including face-to-face introductions, mailing out materials, phone calls to set up introductions, and introducing the Medical Director and Business Development Team to hospital Physician Liaisons and providers.
- Assists in the delivery and presentation of specialty marketing materials to address prospective clinical partnership needs.
- Implements sales, relationship, and social media data to sales reports and CRM. Communicates opportunities to the Director of Business Development and Physician Relations to assist in the development of strategic objectives to improve volume.
- Conducts marketing and sales calls with physician and clinical staff as appropriate to secure business. Identifies practice administrators and referral coordinators: establish relations and become the point person for any referral or material needs.
- Assists in establishing targets and implementing sales and marketing plans to meet such targets.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, clinicians, and Surepoint employees to resolve problems, provide and obtain information, and maintain positive working relationships
- Maintains confidentiality with staff, supervisors, patients, and family.
- Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of company policies, interpretation, and relevance to issues as they arise.
- Responsible for setting up seminars/webinars for our providers. Learn the webinar platform, build PowerPoint presentations, and assist the presenter.
- Identify, contact, and build strong relationships with media contacts for press releases and coverage of our doctors, procedures, and specialties.
- Submits weekly status reports and prepares to present such information during weekly sales and business development meetings. • Maintains an awareness of competitive activity within the market and updates information as needed. • Executes a monthly plan/budget and submits expense reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Other duties may apply as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree • Ability to work in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and CRM.
- 5 years of business development experience.
- 5 years experience with a proven record of pharmaceutical, physician, or medical sales experience.
- 3 years experience with healthcare marketing.
- Successfully demonstrated meeting quotas/goals.
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand, and convey complex information
- Excellent written and verbal, communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have strong, attention to detail, clinical/medical acumen, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle for transportation.
Surepoint Medical Centers is a growing freestanding emergency room group with 14 locations in Texas. We offer competitive pay with awesome benefits in a low-key work environment.
If you think you would be an ideal candidate for this position, please apply today.